Sunday 31 July 2011

Birthday Cake Brownie Pops

These little pieces are the latest thing.  In my opinion, they're little pieces of heaven. 


My daughter-in-law has a birthday coming up:)  She's a big fan of my brownie pops, so I wanted to make her some special brownie pops to help her celebrate. 

When I saw these adorable mini cake-cake pops, I knew I had hit on the perfect pop! Didn't Strawberry-Chic do a fabulous job?
I basically followed her procedure to shape them, and the mini cakes turned out just as I imagined, especially with the sprinkles and candles on top:)

The ingredients and directions are the same as they are forbrownie pops, except for shaping them into tiny cakes:)

To make birthday cake brownie pops (I made these late at night, last minute, and didn't get any step-by-step photos):
Gather a ball of baked brownie mixture and make it into a small patty.  Use a 1.5-inch round cutter (I used a biscuit cutter) and cut out a round mini cake. Place it on a wax paper lined baking sheet. Insert a lollipop stick (the tip of the stick should have some melted candy on it to help it stay put) into the middle of each pop  Once they are all prepared, place in the freezer until firm.  Working with one at a time, take from freezer and dip each cake into the melted candy melts (melt as pkg. directs) and let excess drip off (I also used a small offset spatula to smooth the top and around the entire pop if it needed it).  Shake the sprinkles on the top of the mini cake and place the candle* before the candy coating dries. You may need to add some candy melt to the bottom of the candle before placing it on the pop. Prepare some royal icing to decorate the cakes.  I used royal icing so that I could individually package these pops without a mess(after the royal icing dried).
* For candles I used a sharp knife to cut regular sized birthday candles down to size.

You will end up with some cute little birthday cakes of your own~brownie pop style!
 
 
ENJOY!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment